1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD+R to DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GaryH, Mar 24, 2005.

1. GaryH

GaryH Member

Thanks to all for their thoughts on this. I always thought that there were more DVD-R players around. At any rate most of my friends have these, which is why I am trying to burn to this format (it's a concert). My computer system burner is a Sony DRU-510A (and yes, it is a dual burner)and my music system player is a Sony DVP-NC685V, which does not recognize the format of this particular DVD+R, which is another reason I'm trying to change formats. My Go-Video Recorder does recognize it, which helps me but not anyone to whom I send the disc.

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Ok we understand the reasoning. What problems error codes are you having when trying to copy to other disc? Does your Sony DRU-510A recognize the original disc you are trying to copy when loaded?

3. Batman400

Batman400 Member

Boy I sure got a bug going here LOL
    Just my observation at store level,
    Koss sold by SEARS U.S $32.00 plays both formats, but has a hard time to read Memorex, Sears Sony U.S $69.00 plays both media reads all well, Zenith Sold by Stero Plus Canada 2years ago, CAN $140.00, played just Plus,
    and on and on if you walk through any electroinics dept. at any store you will notice of the players they offer for sale are 2-3 will play both,1-2 will play DVD- and the 4-5 will play DVD+, I just saying what I have been seeing and when someone goes and buys for the first time they dont know theres a difference and the it goes on like this, I burn but cant watch, If my %s were off I will Take this time to say EXCUSE ME, But its the point I was trying to make, ASK before you buy

Batman400

4. GaryH

GaryH Member

I don't have a problem copying it on my Sony DRU-510A: it'll even do it on a DVD-R disc, but the format is not playable on music system player, Sony DVP-NC.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

well, Batman, from almost everything I've read, about 95% or so play -R and about 85% or so play +R. And from personal experience, that's probably about right. Maybe whatever store you're shopping at has something against players that play -R? Did you actually put movies in and try to play them or did you read this from the boxes or did a sales clerk tell you this?

I hope you're not taking this personal, we just don't like to see people misinformed. I know I've had the smack laid down on me a time or two in the past.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Gary,

Maybe you need to booktype your dvd+r to dvd-rom (most compatable format). I pretty sure your Sony dvdrw is capable of doing this. You will need a bitsetting tool. Lite-on has their own tool but you can also use other tools (nero, dvdinfopro, are just a couple). Sony probably has their own bitsetting tool. Late Sony's are made by Lite-on.

7. Batman400

Batman400 Member

No I can take it
    Like I said its just what I notice and as far as a salesman telling you what a machine will do well we all have been there, he wants the sale and I was just putting in my 2 cents but I guess it was worth just 1, LOL
    I will mind my Ps and Qs thanks for watching my back
    And everyone needs a good butt kicking every now and then
    When Iam wrong Iam wrong !!!!!
    Batman400

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Well it's good to see you have a good attitude about it. Some people would put a hit out on me.