1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning dvd videos w/ nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 420master, May 21, 2003.

1. 420master

420master Member

when you choose your recorder for burning dvd videos in nero, do you choose image recorder or the pioner recorder.

2. Nuke

Nuke Member

Choose the pioneer recorder if you want to burn directly to disc. Image recorder if you want to make a disc image on your HD for burning multiple copies of the same disc or at a later time/date.

3. 420master

420master Member

thankk you for the reply. when you say "choose the pioneer recorder if you want to burn directly to disc." do you mean copy on the fly?
    I am currently using my dvd burner to back up and copy my dvd's. Should I use the immage recorder to copy to thehd, and then use the pioneer recorder to back up to dvd?

4. Nuke

Nuke Member

No you prepare the files with nero depending on what you are doing. I have a cd burner and a dvd burner so if I want to burn a dvd, I would have the files ready (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) and click burn. I would have three choices cd burner, dvd burner or image recorder. I choose my dvd burner which in my case is a Sony. If I know that I want to burn more than one copy of this dvd then I can choose image recorder and have the file saved on my hd as a .iso file. This .iso is an image of my dvd.