1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD with Dell Laptop

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by swy00, Feb 24, 2005.

1. swy00

swy00 Member

hey everyone...

i dunno if anyone has encountered this or if this belongs in this forum... but here goes:
    my laptop has a super multi drive that burns CD's and DVD's. It is a DELL INSPIRON 8600,1.7GHz,512RAM,60GB Harddisk, etc...
    everytime i copy a dvd, well not everytime, i get the ability to change the region code to what i prefer it to be... if i keep it the same region code, nothing happens, if i change the region code, my drive (dvd drive ofcourse) say that i can change the region 4 more time, then 3 more times... now im at 2 more times...
    that means i can change my drives region code two more times?
    what does this mean?
    what happens if it gets to zero?
    thnx

Samer

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

That means you are changing the region code of your drive, not the disc. Quit changing that. If you get that down to 0, you won't be able to change it anymore. If you're doing this to be able to read DVD's, get a region free program like AnyDVD.

3. swy00

swy00 Member

hehe... i see your point...
    i thought i should stop doing that... well i have 3 left i think... yup 3... im doing it to be able to make backup for dvd's....
    i bet there is another way isnt there?
    someimtes, it tells me i need to change the region to start running...
    i use DVD Decrpter and DVD Shrink to perform my backups...
    any advice would be helpfl..thnx

Sam

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Find the region for your DVDs. Check an original copy's case, it'll tell you what region the movie is. Set your drive to that region.