1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD with Nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Kfiddler, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Kfiddler

Kfiddler Member

I'm trying to burn some dvds and I have (I think) Nero 7. I've tried many different things, but I always come out with a DVD that will only play on selective dvd players. I've tried the following:

Using Vision Essentials (4.9.7.6) and burning using video file types such as .avi .wmv .mpeg-4

Then I tried Vision essentials using VOB. file type.

Then I tried burning the DvD files directly on to the disk(files from dvd shrink)

These attempts all made DVD's that only work in selective players. I don't currently have any software to make a MPEG-2 file, would that help? IF POSSIBLE I would prefer to use vision essentials because of the menu options. Oh, and i'm using memorex DVD-R They are
    not re-recordable, I believe I used these succesfuly before.

2. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)

there's your problem
    very unreliable make off disc...try Taiyo Yuden...Verbatim or Ritek +r bitset (bookmarked) -rom

3. Kfiddler

Kfiddler Member

So basically, if you want a DVD to be recognized on all dvd players, you must get +R. But memorex is just a unreliable brand in general.