1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning dvds to watch on home player

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by tigerwolf, Jun 10, 2006.

1. tigerwolf

tigerwolf Member

I'm really really new to computers and need some help on making downloaded movies that I burn play on my home surround system. My player is up to date and plays everything. Someone had told me that I need to attach the file to another file then another file etc. I would appreciate any and all help that you may be able to give me. Please try to keep any suggestions that you may have in simple terms. Thanks

2. henryting

henryting Regular member

tigerwolf
    First of all welcome to the big community. What kind of files have you download ? Avi file? xdiv file? rmvb files? Mepg files? Any way you will need a software to convert it into vob files before you can burn it into a blank dvd. First of all you must have a dvd burner/writer in your pc not a dvd rom. The software I would recommend VSO Divtodvd and you can download from here free using this link http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm
    After conversion, download dvdshrink from here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm
    Open dvdshrink and locate the vob files and then you will need nero or imgburn to do the burning for you.
    Happy burning.

3. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

have you already burned the movies and are you tryig to watch them on a standalone player. Or have you yet to download them and burn? Your first sentence somewhat confused me. You emphasized that your "player" is up to date and plays everything. You then didn't really mention anything about what software to use after downloading and burning. So what I am trying to figure out is if your player is unable to play your already burned movies or do you need help to burn your movies and then play them?

4. dengfeng

dengfeng Guest

My player is up to date and plays everything. ????
    i can not know it at all