1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVDs with menus

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rmg1, Apr 16, 2007.

1. rmg1

rmg1 Member

Morning all

I've only just started using Nero, so apologies if I'm doing something obviously wrong.
    I've tried to burn a few episodes of cartoons onto a DVD with a menu so they can choose which one they want to see.

I'm using one of the 3D animated ones that came with nero when it was installed.

When I put the disc in the DVD player, the menu appears as it should, but I can't get the cursor to move so I can choose which one I want to see. I simply get a no-entry sign on the screen.

After about 20 seconds or so, the first episode starts to play and then you can use skip forwar and back to move between the episodes as normal. I haven't put chapter marks in as they are only short cartoons.

Anyone any ideas?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You may have set up the navigation so something has to play first. There are 2 places you change navigation options. One, while on the edit menu page (or the other menu page possibly), under the MORE button are several choices to change how the video plays. The other is under the button options on the right of the screen on the menu page (or edit menu)after you select a button to edit, I believe.

Did the video play as you wanted when you tested it with the internal remote control? To save on DVDs, you could burn the project to the image recorder and then open it in Showtime to test, but the remote in the program seems to do that fairly well.

3. rmg1

rmg1 Member

I tested it with the internal remote control before burning and it seemed to work as I wanted it to (from memory - this was a couple of days ago).

I'll check all the options when I next burn and repost on here.

Thanks saltgrass