1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning dvds with recordnow

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by acapps, Feb 10, 2004.

1. acapps

acapps Member

i'm having trouble burning my ripped and compressed files with recordnow. it's the software that came with my pc. it recognizes my ripped files as data files and will only burn data discs. do i need nero? or can i trick recordnow? thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

More onfo! What are the exact troubles you are having? For burning a ripped DVD you need to use data mode.

3. acapps

acapps Member

the problem is that my dvd player won't recognize my burned dvd's. after decoding and compressing, i'm left with an iso file and an mds file. when i try to burn both of these files onto a dvd, i end up with nothing that my player will read.

4. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Are you putting the ripped files into a VIDEO_TS folder?

5. acapps

acapps Member

i haven't tried putting them into a VIDEO_TS. should i?

6. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Yep, whatever program you use to get those files, dvddecryptor/dvdshrink etc, you should create a folder on your hdd called VIDEO_TS exactly like that, capitals and underscore. Make this the target for your output files. Open recordnow and data, change multisession to new volume, close the disc under options, click on add files/folders button next to options button. Find the VIDEO_TS folder on your hdd, and add the folder and the contents, not just the contents, so you should have a VIDEO_TS folder in your screen showing 13 files, 9 files whatever. Change the recording speed if you want and hit record. That's it. Oh and label it too if you want.

Any questions please ask, those instructions were pretty rough.

7. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Oh, and there shouldn't be any subfolders in that VIDEO_TS directory, ie only files inside that VIDEO_TS folder, no other folders such as audio and video.

Sometimes when you've converted the files into m2v with the separate audio file it adds an audio folder to the dvd when creating, but it's not inside the VIDEO_TS folder.

Dvd shrink did have an option to include video and audio subdirectories, i don't know why, (anyone?) but you then have to chose the folder, and then the movie file and play, it sees the disc as if it's a data, jpegs, wma/mp3 disc, still works tho.

So just the files in the VIDEO_TS folder.