1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Atmos, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Atmos

Atmos Member

Hi, i just bought a sony DVD burner with Nero software and i have no idea how to burn regular dvds (just copy movies to a blank dvd -r disc). i know that dvds are copywritten but i dont know what program i need to break the code? Thank you.

2. colw

colw Active member

Try starting with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free) - the guides and software are available using the tabs at the top of this page.

If you have an OEM version of Nero, it is likely that the DVD burning function will be disabled.

You will have the option of using DVD Decrypter as you burning engine in ISO mode.

You need to read/download the guides etc. before starting.

3. Atmos

Atmos Member

Ok yeah, i did start with dvd shrink and the decrypter to burn one movie, but the 2nd one i tried following the instructions for the decrypter (it didnt need the shrink) but something did not work. After decrypting the movie, i went to burn it and the new file that i was supposed to choose was a .dvd file and the decrypter created a .mds file and a .Iso file, no .dvd file. When burning with the files i had, it did not work. Any ideas?

4. colw

colw Active member

Not sure what guide you are using.

It is normal for Decrypter to write a MDS and ISO file and not a .dvd file.

Just use the ISO Write mode in DVD Decrypter to burn your file.