1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Helen01, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Helen01

Helen01 Guest

Pioneer DVD-rw Dvr-109
    Elby Dvd-Rom Scsi Cdrom drive
    A couple of days ago i got a dvd writer installed and had not a clue how to use it so i searched the web looking for guides on how to use it.I had already used Divxtodvd to change files and the guide said to use dvd shrink and dvd decrypter which i did .To change to Iso and tick write but when i tried to burn it it said the disk i was trying to write it on was full.But these disks were brand new and had nothing on them.I also tried Nero 6 and it said roughly the same.Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong.

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Hi Helen01,

[bold]Welcome to the forum[/bold]

Can you give us some more info please.
    Can you tell us the stats on your pc?
    Operating system?
    How much Ram?
    Type of media that you are using

Shrink dvd and dvd decrypter will utilise nero 6 as the burning agent after all the other processors that you doing in relation to your project have been completed.

3. Helen01

Helen01 Guest

Hi ,
    I am using Win Xp and have 35GB.
    Samsung SV4012H
    HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4120B
    Pioneer DVD-rw Dvr-109
    Elby Dvd-Rom Scsi Cdrom drive
    I am using video files.
    I have tried alot of programs and followed that guide telling me what to do.After i used dvd shrink i tried using dvd decrypter and it came up saying:I/O Error
    Device[1:1:0]Pioneer dvd-rw dvr-109 1.17(F:)(ATA)
    SCSI Status 0x02
    interpretation-check condition
    cda:2A 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 02 00
    Sense Area:70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 08 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Iterpretation:Logical Unit Communication
    CRC Error(Ultra-Dma/32)
    I have not a clue what this means.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Hi helen, lets try something :

After your file is converted with vso divx to dvd if you right click the file it should say that it is a dvd movie file now even though it is labelled vts?etc.

Open shrink dvd:

1.On the right hand side under the file/edit/view/help you will see a re author button.

2.Click that button on.

3.As soon as you click that button on you should notice that directly underneath it where it says compression settings/dvd browser that it is now showing you the partions of your harddrive [bold]c drive/a drive /d drive etc etc[/bold]

4.Now locate on your hard drive where the vso divx to dvd file output is by clicking on the drive letter that corresponds with the location.

5.once you find the file keep on opening the folder until you have it saying main movie.

6.drag and drop the file from the right side of the screen to the left hand side of the screen and position it under the dvd which is located under [bold]dvd structure[/bold]

7.Now next go to the button that says backup and press it.

8.You will get another screen pop up that will direct you to where you wish to backup the burn to and where you want the temporay file to go to.

I normally leave the options as there are and dont use decrypter as i burn to disc using nero

9.The encoding process will take place next.Let your computer run until this is finished

10.minimize the burning box, place the disc in the drive and shortly the process will start to burn the file to disc,As soon as the disc is burnt take it out and try to play it in your standalone dvd player.

What media are you using?