1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning games over 4.7 GB...is there a way???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Marz13, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

yeah well alot of games i have been trying to back up...seem to be too big...my friend said i could try daul layer disc's but he said he tried and they didnt work...is there any other way around it???

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

how are you backing them up and where to a dvd or your hdd
    is it the stock hdd or a bigger one??

3. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

They should be able 2 work he probly burn them wrong if u want u can add a bigger HD if u have a spare computer get the HD and add it 2 your box

4. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

yea a biggger hdd would be good but it takes a while to do

5. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

well i was talking bout burning them to a DVD but i much rather have the bigger hdd but how do you format the hdd to become a xbox hdd?is it hard???also i have tons of stuff on my current hard drive that i dont wanna lose so hopefully i can still keep it and transfer it through FTP oh yeah and one more question that i been trying to figure out for forever...what hard drives are compatible???cause i know that some drives are SATA and some are IDE or something like that...does it make a different???oh yeah and my friend said he tried using a older hard drive and something about not being able to lock the drive so it wouldnt work.
    i am trying to avoid problems like these...but thatnx guys you guys are the best!!!

6. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

well if you have a soft mod its not that easy but yes you keep all your info and transfer it into the new one..here is a small overview

download something called xboxHDM (hard drive maker)

then you copy your C: and E: drives and put them in the required spot in your folder.

then you burn that to a disk

then you put your HD you want to make a xbox HD as your master hd in your computer and change you boot options to CD drive with your xboxHDM in it then format

for more details just look in a tutorial in this site there are many in here im sure its stickied in Harware Discussion