1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning GC Games(My advice)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Impactio, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Impactio

Impactio Member

Well after a day of fiddling around I have managed to get my gamecube to run games without dre'ing every 10 seconds.

I first used some general media, Mr-Data dvds, tdk, etc. Some of them booted and would run for around 10 seconds before freezing or giving me a disc read error. I thought this was the POT at fault so I tweaked it from 250 in steps of around 20 each time down to like 100. That took a while and gave me no success.
    I bought 3 spindles of different brands and I had realized I had some Ritek 8x G03 DVD+R discs. I burnt my games on at 1x and actually got it to play for around 10 minutes before Super Mario Sunshine gave me another DRE.

Determined to figure out what was wrong, I changed my POT to 260 instead of 200 and now it seems to work perfect.

Moral of the Story: Get better media :p
    I'll update this post as I have some Ritek DVD-R G05's coming in the mail and they should yeild some good results I think.

Also don't buy IcedCube cases, they are so annoying to install, i've got a viper in the mail hopefully the install for that works out better. The main problem I had with IcedCubes was that none of the screws would fit back in even though they did fit in the original case.

2. Texdude

Texdude Member

I was wondering, if I run into a similar problem, IU dont think I will because I am going to use ritek Mini DVD-Rs, but if I do, can you tell me what you mean by changing your 260 to 200, if you mean the laser, or something about its placment on the GC console, how do you do this, and is this safe for the GC?