1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Image From DVD Shrink with Nero 7 Essential

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by globetrot, Jan 30, 2008.

1. globetrot

globetrot Member

Hi---I have used DVD Shrink and Nero 6 software with no problems in the past. I got a new laptop with Windows Vista Premium and because it was Vista, was not compatible with my Nero 6 software. I have installed a copy of Nero 7 Essentials software and then upgraded with the latest drivers at the Nero website. My problem is this:
    After I shrink the image with DVD Shrink, I now have gotten it to automatically "connect" to Nero and burn the file. No problems there.
    What I am having a problem with is burning a disc from the saved file on my hard drive. It is probably a simple fix, but can't figure it out. Once I click on "Burn Image To Disc" in Nero Start Smart Essentials, I get a different interface than the "Burn Image To Disc" found in Nero 6. When I click on "Image, Project, Copy," I get the "Data DVD" option. When I click on that,I get a box that will not let me add the Video TS files from DVD Shrink. This was pretty simple in Nero 6. Similarly, I have problems when trying to burn in DVD-Video Files.
    Any help someone smarter than I can provide would be greatly appreciated, as I am kinda out of commission. Thanks.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

That is normal. When you used Nero 6, I assume you had the full version. In this case Nero Burning Rom was the one burning your image.
    With Nero 7 Essentials, from what I know, you don't get Nero Burning Rom, so Nero Express opens up to burn your image.That's where the different interface comes from.

You cannot add the Video_Ts folder here. You need to have DVD Shrink save as an ISO in order to use "burn image to disc".
    I would think it should let you add the files contained in the Video_Ts folder if instead of Image/Project/Copy you choose Videos/Pictures and then go to DVD-Video files, navigate to your Video_Ts folder and add all the VOB/BUP/IFO files.

If Nero is being difficult,try ImgBurn.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008