1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning ISO

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Da_Killa, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Da_Killa

Da_Killa Guest

I have an iso image for c&c general that i want to burn. I was using Alcohol 120% and after i started burning the image it said that something is wrong with recorder contact technical support. Can someone tell me how to burn an ISO file?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First, you should tell us which format is it (.CUE/.BIN, .ISO, .NRG, .CCD/.IMG/.SUB and so on). If the image is .ISO you might encounter prolems, since you might need EZCD.

Second, you should follow step-by-step the guide (but I assume you already did that).

Third, you should check Alcohol's settings and if your CD-recorder is capable to do that.
    If you look at the 'guide' thread or in
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23595
    you'll see that many burning method exist. The most sophisticaded ones (RAW DAO or RAW SAO 16)are not always supported.

I would do some tests:
    - pick a CR-RW
    - try burning the image in DAO/SAO, first. If Alcohol cannot burn it, you're in trouble with alcohol. If Alcohol manages to burn the image that and the game installs, you're OK. If the game does not install, erase the CD-RW and use a CD-R, burning RAW SAO.

If alcohol does not work, maybe your recorder is not compatible with it (strange indeed). Then try using CloneCD or Nero (that will NOT burn protected CDs).