1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning issues with the movie closer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by guru1963, Apr 8, 2005.

1. guru1963

guru1963 Member

Shrink wont initialize and locks up.. decryptor finds I/O errors at 12 %.. Its a sony movie.. I have had other issues regarding sony movies in the past.. any suggestions???

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Make sure you have the newest version of Decrypter and then rip in file mode to your hard drive. If that doesnt work there may be a problem with the original disk try cleaning it really good. What is the name of the movie?

3. guru1963

guru1963 Member

its a new movie (closer) .. i have the latest version.. i have also tried ripping it to my hard drive.. im beginning to think the disk is bad although it looks perfect (visibly)..

4. guru1963

guru1963 Member

ijust attempted shrink again.. error is cyclic redundancy check.. the movie will not even start the analysis process.. the disk appears to be in perfect condition.. not a scratch..

5. JJenn74

JJenn74 Member

I burned "Closer" using Decrypter and Shrink. I actually did my burn with Decryter. It worked fine....no errors at all.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

This is exactly what happens when one of the new encryptions is encountered by Shrink. Follow bbmayo's advice and rip it with Decrypter in file mode. Once that is done you should be able to open the files in Shrink and proceed as usual.

7. guru1963

guru1963 Member

I attempted to play the origional disk in my DVD player adn it skipped around and froze up several times. I guess its defective.. I will return it and purchase another and try again. Imagine that ... disk looked fine but didnt play.. HMMMMMMMMMM. Thanks for the responses.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Bum disc.Quite a few members getting them on a lot of different titles.
    I backed up Closer with just dvd shrink and nero.Nothing spectacular as far as newer encryptions.

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You know, I just played my original of "The Forgotten" and it must of had 4 or 5 freezes. I don't know if our trained eyes just pick out all the little glitches. If the original is jumping around and the replacement for the original jumps in the same spots then I say get the VHS. LOL