1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by akakabuto, May 30, 2004.

1. akakabuto

akakabuto Member

Hiya all,

I bought me a dvd-burner (Teac DV-W58G-A) the other day but now I'm having some trouble with it. I ripped one of my movies and tried to make a copy of it. I first tested it on a RW-disc and it worked fine on my dvd-player. Now after that i tried to burn it on a R-disc. There were no problems during the burning process (lead-out and everything went fine). Then for some reason my dvd-player doesn't play the disc (nor does my comps dvd-station). I tried it again with two more movies and two more softwares but the result was the same (nero, clonedvd and pinnacle instant copy). What makes this even stranger is that a friend of mine has the exact same dvd-recorder as I do and the same discs too. And he hasn't had any problems. I'd really appreciate your help.

2. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

For people to help you we need to know what your using to copy/burn DVD? If we don't know what your using we cant help and what kind of blank DVD are you using if you buy cheep you get cheep. You really need to put those things in your post.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Put your disc in your computer drive and try opening it in explorer. You should see:
    VIDEO_TS
    AUDIO_TS

Click on the VIDEO_TS folder and you should see your video files. They should look something like this:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB

If you can't open your copy in explorer then try your friend's copy. This will verify whether your computer can read a known good copy (your friend's) and if there is anything on your disc.

If your friend is willing try switching burners. If you still have problems then you may have a defective burner/burner installation or a bad batch of media.

The fact that you can burn a copy to a R/W disc should mean that the programs are being used correctly, have your friend try your burner. Let him use your media.

Try using just one program to burn with. I recommend staying with Nero right now so we can eliminate some variables.

Have your friend generate a Nero burn log (if he has Nero) and compare burn logs. You can even post one so I can take a look at it. This will tell me most everything I need to know. (I hope!)

xbadboy2 understands the process we use to help people.
    We usually don't provide a quick and sure solution to a problem or issue. What we try to do is guide a person through the steps needed to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. To do that we need as much information as possible because we have to try and duplicate your situation in our minds or even on our computers. Every situation is a bit different, so the process is never as simple as it might appear.

In the end it will be you who finally figures out what the problem is and how to correct it. We can provide help along the way as long as you feed us the information!

This is not directed specifically at you as a rant. :D I just wanted to express one of the principles I apply to giving you and other folks help.

Cheers,
    Frank

4. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

I was not trying to be rude I just want you to know what you have to tell us when your having a problem. If you don't put these things down then you will spend even more time trying to fix the problem. No one dose it perfect thats why we have the edit button on our post I have to use the edit button 2 or 3 before I get it right. I would explain your problem step by step try not to forget anything because it might be the smallest thing we need to know to help you fix the problem. Good luck

see had to edit lol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 31, 2004