1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning large avi files to a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jaxxin, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Jaxxin

Jaxxin Member

i backed up my dvds and then encoded them into avi using auto gk (great program) the avi files are now 2.5 to 3.5 gigs when i go to burn them to dvd with nero or roxio it gives me an error saying the file is over 2 gigs. is there another program out there that will allow me to burn the over 2gig sized avi's to dvd-r?

2. Jaxxin

Jaxxin Member

btw i dont want any menus or anything i just want to have the avi file and be able to pop it in a dvd player and it starts playing

3. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Are you making a dvd data disc?
    Are you adding more than 1 file in the project?

A dvd storage capacity is about 4.36 GBs. The labels claim that it can store 4.7 GB, which is not true since they use a different mathematical formula to compute that...

There should be a bar in Nero/Roxio indicating that it doesn't go past 4.5 GB...

4. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

When you ripped the dvd and encoded the file to avi...it can not be played in a standalone dvd player anymore...since it's not a .vob mpeg-2 compliant dvd

If I were you, I would've ripped it with DVD Decrypter and if neccessay, used DVD Shrink to make a back-up dvd

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

Visit the site for more details on how to achieve that...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  5. Jaxxin

Jaxxin Member

haha i cant believe i didnt see it. a small box that says create menus... in nero