1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning media CD to be able to watch the CD on VCd player

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by cometopk, May 26, 2005.

1. cometopk

cometopk Member

I need to burn a 740MB Movie files in a CD 700MB player.The CD should run on the normal VCD player too.
    I have 800MB CD (Amkette) but when i try to burn on this Cd too,it says only 703MB available.
    Is there a way I can burn the CDs. As the CDs are of R type. I need to burn it after i am sure it works or can I use 700MB CD RW to burn and test it out

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you are trying to burn a VCD to play in your standalone, the actual file size should have no bearing - it is the running time of the VCD that is important. I believe for VCD, it's about 70 minutes and for SVCD, it's a little over 40 minutes. Either reduce the bitrate of the file or cut out some of the video.

3. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Your VCD burning program may not support 800mb disks. You can use cd-rws to test it out or you can install a virtual drive and test it that way.

You might want to look into KVCD. It allows you to compress your video files and fit larger amounts of video time on a cd.