1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning more than one VOB file to a DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by niall85, Sep 5, 2004.

1. niall85

niall85 Member

Hi,
    Bit of a newbie here so forgive me if I sound stupid or if this has been posted before.
    I have used the AVI to DVD guide on the site and am a bit stumped.

I have 3 individual movie files that I wish to burn to a DVD, I converted them first of all to .AVI using Virtual Dub, then I converted them to MPEG2 using TMPEG and finally using IfoEdit converted these into VOB files.

IfoEdit only allows you to convert a single movie file at a time, and creates different IFO and BUP files for each of these.

As I want these 3 seperate files on a single dvd disc, is there anyway of creating the IFO and BUP files for the 3 files at once?

I am using Nero as in the tutorial, and when I tried playing the finished disc, only 1 of the movies plays, the other 2 do not play on DVD Player or on player in PC but when I look in the Video folder on the DVD, the VOB files are indeed there.

I would appreciate any help that could be given.

Many thanks!

2. niall85

niall85 Member

From what I can see, the only way to solve this is to join all of the files together to form one giant file...

I don't really want to do that as I would like the movie files to be seperate on the dvd disc.

Can anyone help me?

3. john179

john179 Active member

Best thing to do is to create 3 single dvd's and save them on your hard drive without burning them of course.Once you have made them then you may have to compress them a little using something like shrink if need be.Once you have done this you can use the Nero multiple disc option as you have Nero to put all 3 on one disc.you will end up with 3 pictures on your menu page where you can select the film of your choice.This can also been done with tpmgenc which you also have.

4. niall85

niall85 Member

Ok, I've created the 3 single dvd's which are on the hard drive, but I am not sure how to put them all on one disc using the multiple disc option?

If you could explain this to me I would be greatful.

Many thanks.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004