1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning movies at 4X

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gwoo, Sep 28, 2003.

1. gwoo

gwoo Member

Hello,

I read a few weeks ago that I shouldn't be burning movies at 4x.

Is this true?

I am just wondering as I am aout to buy some media and if I can't use 4x what is the point in buying that speed.

Thanks

If it makes a difference I am going with Ritek as I heard from everyone on this site that they make the best disc (compatiable with everything including PS2 and Xbox)

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well I use ritek unbranded 4x (GO4 dye) for ALL my movie backups and Traxdata (ritek GO4 dye) for ALL my PS2 backups, and haven't encountered ANY issues with this combo.

I have a Pioneer AO6 which burns at 4x, this is what I burn at and work fine......

My opinion is the cheaper the media and the lighter the dye colour then the more likely you will encounter skipping/freezing issues especially if your standalone has had some hammer, irrespective at what speed you burn at, again this is just MY OPINION....

The ritek GO4 dye dvd's are (my experience) an excellent quality disc and I shall stick with them.....

If you have a burner CAPABLE of high speed burns, then a good quality media is a must - alot of stores sell sample packs with 4 or 5 different brands, this maybe worth trying out, I am in the UK and use http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk , I know they have a sample pack available.....

The good thing with high speed media/high speed burners are that you do not have to burn at full speed, but the media has to be solid enough to accept the full speed - again I believe the darker the dye, the more chance of obtaining a solid burn.....

Again just my opinion really, others may be using cheaper brands and having great success, so it is really down to the standalone and the media compatibilty with each other rather than actual burn speed.....

Personally I would go with the Ritek.......others may suggest a different type maybe....

Hope this helps.....