1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blktrail, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

@blktrail ~~

Big O , gave you a lenghty ""How to"" in his post -- It's all about NeroVision Express -- so when you start Nero StartSmart , look on the left side and you will see a list of all the many applications Nero has:-Click the 3rd one (NeroVision Express).

follow what Big O has layed down. or if you need more detailed step by step instructions, goto:-

http://www.nero.com/us/631956523192996.html

There you will find a Tutorial with pictures prepared by Nero -- the second item --> to create a basic DVD movie is what you want to look at --- you can download the file to your desk and look at it with Acrobat Reader , a FREE software that you should have on your PC and is available here :- http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Last, you say you have one that is not DVD compliant !! -- it would help people in here , if you was to tell us what format it is -- that's the attribute (extension) at the end of that file -- a . followed by 3 letters. Then someone may be of some help to you.

Regards !

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2004
  2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

blktrail,

you asked, [bold]OK i have one problem my movie fileswell one of the files) is not dvd compliant the one i'm doind is mpg so how do i make it dvd compliant?[/bold]

you need to READ the answers to your questions, I already told you NVE will convert your files to DVD compliant previously in this earlier post, and what to do if they were already compliant:

[bold]NVE will let you convert your files, will compress your files, and will let you create a menu and chapters if needed(or wanted).

If your files are already DVD compliant, then again, as Jeanc1 suggested, use shrink 3.2(free)and open files instead of open disc and browse to your file folder.[/bold]

jeanc1 stated:

[bold]Last, you say you have one that is not DVD compliant !! -- it would help people in here , if you was to tell us what format it is -- that's the attribute (extension) at the end of that file -- a . followed by 3 letters. Then someone may be of some help to you.[/bold]

Exactly! In fact I even covered both ends of the spectrum because we didn't know. If you will pay attention and listen, we can help you and don't mind doing so(that's why we're here), but please read our posts carefully as we try to help a lot of people in the forum and sometimes it gets exasperating to have to repeat ourselves all the time. Also, the more info you give us the better we can assist, since we're not there it makes our job a lot easier if we know what you're working with and anything else you consider pertinent.

As always, good luck and if you have problems, don't hesitate to ask (and no, you're not a pest ;>))

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  3. blktrail

blktrail Guest

ok i got everything you say but when i went to the left for nve it wasn't their so what do i do is was their before now its not on the list

4. blktrail

blktrail Guest

forget what i said last cuz here is the next problem i got the NVE but when i open it nothing comes on my screen but my computer keeps saying the program is running can u help me with this

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You have to go to the nero homepage, look to the left and click on ultra 6 updates, then download update packs 1,2,4,5,6. Do NOT DL pack 3(InCD) it can cause problems and unless you use packet writing you don't need it. Install the packs and you should get the programs when you open them in startsmart.:>)

6. blktrail

blktrail Guest

Thanks for everything guys i got it to work just fine. I've been burning dvds all night. keep a eye out cuz i will be back with new questions lol.

thanks again

7. blktrail

blktrail Guest

one question i have most of my movies backup on a disk when i go to add to the nero so i can create a movie disk it says "can not copy data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hmmm....that didn't take long,LOL ;>)

The CRC error usually means dirty or scratched discs. You can use soap and warm water or alchohol to try to clean them. Wipe from the center out in straight lines, never in a circular motion.

If they are scratched, there is a little product I use called Skip Dr., you can google for it.(hint: when the little bottles of fluid run out just refill them with distilled water, no need to buy the refills):>)

9. blktrail

blktrail Guest

I got to tell u, u are a really big help if it wasn't for u i would have giving up on the whole thing so i just got to say Thanks alot again lol

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Glad to hear you're sticking with it, after you get it down, then you in turn can help somebody. That's how the forum works. Good luck... :>)

11. blktrail

blktrail Guest

I'm having a problem with nero everytime i try to use it it never shows up on my screen i keep clicking on it and it never start up do u know what may cause this to happen. it did it before but knowit just stop working

12. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

@blktrail

Nero 6 Suite is a large bundle to load on your PC -- Be patient when you start it up -- It may take a few seconds to load up -- clicking the thing again and again is sending a NEW request to your PC to load up more and more copies of the same program -- eventually your PC will refuse your request.

Just looked at this thread from the beginning ! Cant see you gave people in here what you are running -- Processor, Ram , Operating System ..... This is a help in answering your question.

13. blktrail

blktrail Guest

what do u mean by what i'm running i'm not sure what u are talking about. do u mean what kind of computer or what windows i got?

14. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

15. blktrail

blktrail Guest

ok i got a dell inspiron 2600 with windows xp

16. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Then you can expect it to take at least 4 or 5 seconds to load up Nero 6 Suite ! More if you have already a bunch of applications running !

it's a Celerom 1.2 GHz with 256MB Ram !
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004
  17. blktrail

blktrail Guest

no listen when i click on nero it starts up but when i click on the NVE thats what doesn't show up on my screen but says its running i've been sitting here for 5 mins and still no activity

18. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Man , your notebook is acting up !! did you look at the bottom of your screen to see if it was there ?

19. blktrail

blktrail Guest

the nero icon is at the botton but the NVE is not workin right do u have any advice to make it work right

20. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Try to reboot first and if that dont work ---

Mmmmmm , maybe try to re-install the NeroVision Express !