1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning mp3 onto dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ragnarok8, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

Can i make a dvd with only music (no videos) that is playable on my dvd player. It is compatible and it works with CDs. If i can, how do i do it and how many hours of music can i get on 1 dvd

2. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

I doubt it. To the best of my knowledge, the technology for DVD Music Discs hasn't been developed. There is DVD Audio, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms that I know nothing about. To answer your other question, even thought I don't think it's possible, if you were using the same audio format that CD's use, theoretically, you could fit 470 minutes of music onto a 4.7 GB DVD or 940 minutes on a 9.4GB Dual Layer DVD since you can fit 80 minutes of audio onto an 800 MB CD-R.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  3. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

thats too bad, i guess ill stick to cds. I believe i saw an option to make audio dvds on nero though, it was not listed under data disc and i was able to put in A LOT of songs but i didnt try it. Thanks though

4. frog200

frog200 Guest

Nero Ultra works. I burned 35 complete albums on 1 DVD-R disk, which plays fine on my dvd player. Big thing make sure your player will support mp3 format

5. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

wow....I stand corrected

6. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

ill have to give it a try, is the amount of hours (470 minutes) correct?

7. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

definately not....the more I think about it, I think frog200 was talking about mp3-dvds, not normal CD audio style dvds. I really don't think you can burn normal audio to a dvd disc...I'm just saying that if you could, it would probably be 470 minutes.

If frog200 burned 35 cds to a dvd...it would have to be because he converted them all to mp3 first. You can give it a try, but I don't think that there is setting (or a player) for normal CD quality audio DVDs...you'll have to convert them to mp3

8. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

You can record music to a DVD in DVD-Audio format. But you need your burner to support it and a DVD player to support it, the DVD players are out there but the price isnt dropping down to quickly just yet, but soon im sure it will be just as common as DVD players are now.

You can however fit a ton of MP3 files on a DVD 4.7 GB of them, or you can do it on a CD but only 650MB or 700 MB depending on the size of the disc. Of course your DVD player must play MP3 files which almost all of them do.

Thats all I know for sure on the subject.

9. frog200

frog200 Guest

Your right, First I converted all of my Cd collection and all of my .wav files to mp3 then I burned them using Nero, to MP3/DVD for my home collection and MP3/CD for my auto CD player which will read MP3 and WMA formats. I got 5 to 7 albums on a CD. This conversion has cleared a lot of space on my bookshelf and glove compartment. Since I converted at 192Kbps I haven't noticed any quality difference.

10. gazza09

gazza09 Guest

Take a look at Audio DVD Creator by Goland. This does the whole job. Creates Album Menus, allows different quality settings