1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning mp3 to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by daveymac, Mar 26, 2004.

1. daveymac

daveymac Member

I just did my first burn of mp3 music from my laptop onto a dvd-r disc and it wont play in my dvd player at home even though the dvd player says it plays mp3 audio ??/ Is there a step I am misssing ?

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

maybe your player at home doesn't support the type of media you have selected. i assume you are talking about a stand alone dvd player?????

have you checked that it will support the media you are using?

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I don't understand why people use dvd-r+r=rw to put music on them. Isn't it cheper to put mp3's on cd-r. (like almost a few dollar's cheaper) somebody please explain it to me!

4. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

to be honest with ya geestar20 i agree. it is one S**t load of music to have to burn it to a dvd.......but hey what the hell.......each to thier own i guess......but i dont think i've ever listened to that amount of music.........:)

vipes

5. daveymac

daveymac Member

thanks for the reply and having one S&^tload of music in a single disc dvd player means that my evening party that lasts over 8 hours is taken care of musically with the dvd rather than the 80 minute CD .....now can u understand that

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi daveymac
    what i cant understand is.. where is my party invite? lol
    (loves 8 hour parties)
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.
    read and sign this:http://www.petitiononline.com/fairuse/petition.html[/small]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  7. siber

siber Regular member

daveymac, a CD with MP3's will last you several hours, not 70-80 minutes. A DVD with MP3's is interesting but I don't think DVD players are set up for MP3's on DVD format, they are MP3 capable with CD's only. I am sure that it would be possible to make them able to read MP3's of a DVD+/-R/RW but I figure 4.7 Gb of MP3's at 128K allows recording of at least 1000 average length tracks. That is not something many people may want at this time but you never know...Hope you find that SPECIAL DVD player soon...

8. daveymac

daveymac Member

well if you ever get close to Stony Plain , Alberta ,Canada we have a 6 acre shangri la that is made for social mingling to tunes extrordinaire .....
    drop on by and sample some cold liquids and hot times

9. daveymac

daveymac Member

thanks siber , being a newbie to this burning stuff I appreciate your reply. How come a cd -r shows 700mb and 80 minutes if there are several hours on a cd ???

10. siber

siber Regular member

When you buy a CD with 12-13 songs(60-70 minutes) on it, the music is recorded in all its detail and the 600-700Mb available are all needed. When you transfer your songs to the MP3 format, you 'shrink' all the information down to 3-5Mb per song. The quality is of course reduced but when you are listening to MP3's, you're usually listening to them on a boombox or on a car stereo and you don't notice much difference. With 3-5 Mb per song, you can go a long way with 700Mb...

11. GuyEitzen

GuyEitzen Member

I recently burnt approximately 100 albums on one DVD. This allows me to have my whole CD collection available for play without changing disks. The disk stays in the player and the player acts as a jukebox.

I purchased the DVD player recently, so to see it could be done, I burnt a DVD with MP3's and took it around from store to store. The only brands that played it were Pioneer (displays folders and songs by their names) and Kenwood (only displays folder and songs by their number).

It works great except you must have the TV on to select the album you want to play. Once selected you can turn the TV off (so long as your DVD player is connected to a stereo).