1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning MPEG2 files with my burner

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Mashy, May 27, 2003.

1. Mashy

Mashy Member

Hi,

I use to use Nero burning rom to burn my MPEG video to disc but my new computer's CD burner isn't compatiable with Nero.

I use WinRar,SmartPar and Isobuster and I want to find a program that is easy to use like Nero was and burn some movies.

I have the Dell Dimension Desktop 2350 with Samsung CD-R/RW SW-248F
    This is a Pentium 4 CPU 2.20gHz with 256 MB of Ram.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have a samsung cd/dvd and a samsung cd/dvd/cdrw and nero works fine! also i think on neros site there is a tool to MAKE nero see your drive - if i remember rightly you make a small file and run a test? not sure but anyhow it works!!!!!

EDIT:

Nero BurnRights 1. Why do I need Nero BurnRights? Since Windows 2000 and Windows XP do not grant access to low level drivers for users without administrative rights it's not possible for them to burn CDs with Nero.

2. What is the purpose of Nero BurnRights? Nero BurnRights allows users without administrative rights to burn CDs with Nero. The administrator is able to setup user accounts with exclusive "burn rights" for Nero.

3. How do I use Nero BurnRights? Please download the installer file and doubleclick the file to start the installation. Please make sure that you are logged onto the system as administrator. You will find a new entry in Start/Settings/Control Panel/Nero BurnRights. Doubleclick it to start the application.

Note: If you select "Members of User Group Nero" you will be asked to agree the generation of a new user group "Nero". Every change of the Rights Level Settings requires a reboot (including the reset). Now you can add users to the group "Nero".

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/NeroBurnRightsInstaller.exe

============================

TESTCD.EXE This is a selfextracting CD image file. When you burn this image file to a CD, you can use the CD to add support of CD/DVD-ROM drives that have not been fine-tuned for Nero yet.

Note: This files in only for the detection of unknown CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives and not for the detection of CD/DVD RECORDERS.

Usage: Runing the file will extract a Nero Image file. Please open this file and burn it on CD by selecting "Burn Image" in the "File" menu.

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/testcd.exe

==================================
    CDROM.CFG The current database with all kown CD-ROM drive parameters.

Usage: Please unzip this file in your Nero folder.

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/cdrom.zip

================================

WNASPI32.DLL latest Nero Driver (for Windows NT/2000/XP)

Usage: Please copy this file in the Nero folder. This new version solves the problem in not finding any CD-Drive after installation of Virtual CD.

Version: 2.0.1.59

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll

============================

Nero RegistryChecker If the CD drives are not visable anymore after installing a software supporting CD recorders, there might be a problem with the CD drivers. The Nero Registry Checker is checking the installation of the drivers and correct them, if necessary.

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/RegistryChecker.exe

================================_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  3. Mashy

Mashy Member

I did a browse to have Nero find my CD Rewriter and it said that it may cause my system to freeze or crash if I proceeded to see if Nero was compatiable with my drive.

If you want I can show you the exact message and email it to you.