1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning multiple AVIs to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by lisa80085, Dec 11, 2011.

1. lisa80085

lisa80085 Member

Hi All,

I am trying to burn a copy of series I have which contains 22 AVI files (350mb) each. I appreciate that i will have to do this over multiple disks.

I have tried using Virtual dub to create one large AVI file (6 episodes) and my plan was that once this was complete to use AVI2DVD, DVD Shrink and lastly imgburn however all seemed to be working with the file until episode 6 - it was very jumpy but AVI file is fine.

I am happy to continue using this method - trial and error - however is there any other way you suggest in burning multiple AVI's to DVD?

Thanks in advance :)

Lisa

2. attar

attar Senior member

When faced with the same task, I opted to leave them as AVI and get a standalone player that would play DivX files.
    Apart from the fact that AvsToDVD can merge AVI files (under the Tools menu)which cuts out the VirtualDub step, your method is as good as any.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

Running time is your solution.. 3 hours is really max on a single layer disk, 2 1/2 for realistic broadcast quality.. I don't use d/l disks because they suck, they are expensive and my player struggles with them.

The skipping about is most likely a sign of crappy disks tbh.