1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Multiple .ISO to one DVD-R disk?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tiffany87, May 29, 2007.

1. Tiffany87

Tiffany87 Member

Hello, I'm not sure if i'm in the right section but I have a question.

I have multiple .iSO images I want to burn to make backups and save HD space, but they are pretty small. Some only 400-700mb.

Is it possible to somehow put more than one .iso on one disk. IS there some process i would have to go through to combine them?

I would still need to be able to run each image seperatley to install the application. I want to save space on my computer by burning these ISO's onto a DVD.

But seeing how i have about 6 of them and there all around 400-700mb. I would hate to waste 6 dvds. Any suggestions on how to use less DVD's. Can you have like 3 .iso images on one disk and still run the applications seperatley and properly?

If i can't I will always do it disk by disk but Id love to know if this is possible. Thank you for any advice

This is my first time posting but I always look to this site for my questions and I've learned alot and got many programs from here. This is a great resource.

2. hursty

hursty Active member

Cant be done.....and if it can,it would be new to me

3. Tiffany87

Tiffany87 Member

Well I think you may be right about it not being possible to burn the multiple images to one Disk.

But as an Alternative, I Burned all the .ISO files on one disk like a Data disk.

Now i don't have to have them on my PC taking up space and if i ever need to reinstall I can get the backup disk, and to run each Iso on the same disk I just used Daemon tools to mount.

So as long as i can mount images, this way will work just fine. Its cool I only had to use one CD. Ill just have to still mount them to make them work, i cant just run it on the DVD itself but thats ok.

I just wanted to storage them in a way, incase i need to backup later but I like to keep the clutter off my hard drive.

Thanks anyway, i guess i found my own solution. But this site helps.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

Cool,
    i should have mentioned the way you have done it was the only way