1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning multiple mini dvd to single 4.7 DVD-R, HELP!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mike202od, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Mike202od

Mike202od Guest

I need help. I got a mini dvd camcorder a month ago and have tried to burn multiple dvd's onto a single dvd-r. I can't get it to work. I can burn a single disc. When I tried to load the video information from a second disc into a video-ts folder with the first disks information all that would play was one disks worth. It appears that all the info copied but only half is accessible. Is there any way to copy the multiple disks and preserve the index points and menus,and will play on most dvd players. Thanks. I used nero 6 and also tried copy to dvd SE.
    Thanks

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

DVDReMake Pro has a feature for joining discs and keeping all the menus. I'm going to be testing it out later today and I'll let you know how easy it is.

3. Mike202od

Mike202od Guest

I'm looking forward to your post.
    Thanks

4. Mike202od

Mike202od Guest

I downloaded the demo version of DVDReMake pro. It seems as though you can only merge 2 items onto a 4.7G
    Disk. However it would take 4 mini dvd's to fill a 4.7G disk completely.

5. vurbal

Well that's true, but you should be able to merge 2 discs, export that, and then merge the new files with another disc. It's not a perfect solution, but it will probably come closer than others when it comes to keeping the original structure (menus in particular) of all the discs. You could probably also do what you want in DVD-Lab, but I'm reasonably sure it would be much more complicated (but it wouldn't hurt to download the trial version to try it out).

6. dimad

dimad Regular member

7. vurbal

Since you said you had already downloaded the demo you've already seen everything you really need to, but since I have a full version and can actually export I'll just mention that it works wonderfully for 2 titles, although you'd probably be happier doing everything after the first 2 discs manually (which really isn't difficult). Otherwise you'd end up with multiple selection menus that would be annoying at best and confusing at worst.