1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Multiple movies to a DVD9 using Nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by juanrrizo, Jul 10, 2007.

1. juanrrizo

juanrrizo Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I am a brand spankin newbie to Afterdawn.com:
    I am using Nero v6 and a double layer burner to back up multiple dvd movies to a dvd-r dl.
    I have 2 issues;
    1 - As was suggested in an earlier message, I used the "Copy multiple dvd-video movies to one" function and cannot proceed past the message that my "demo version of the dvd-video plug-in has expired." Do I have to purchase a plug-in to proceed or is there some kind of work around?

2 - After backing up 2 movies to my HD, with DVD Shrink 3.2 (less than 8.0 GB combined), I try to use Nero's "Burn dvd-video files" function but receive the following message;
    "One or more files could not be added to a compilation.
    The following files may not reside in the VIDEO_TS directory of a DVD-Video compilation. Only compliant DVD-Video files... etc." I suspect that it does not like seeing identical files, eg. VIDEO_TS.BUP? Should I not even be trying to use this Nero function for my application or is there also some kind of work around?
    Please help!
  2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Nov 15, 2003
    Sounds like you have a crippled OEM Nero version, gotta pay for a full version.

Go back to DVDShrink and combine both movies using reauthor mode. Saving as an ISO (choose 'No compression').

You could then try ImgBurn (free) to burn to a DL+R disc.