1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Music on DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by no1uno, Sep 3, 2004.

1. no1uno

no1uno Member

Hi, I bought a NU Tech 8x DVD+R drive about a month ago and it's the first DVD burner I have owned so I got the CD-RW drives down in my sleep but. I have a few probably dumb questions about the burning of DVD's First one, Can I burn WAV or CDA files on my DVD+R disc's and play them on a standard CD music player, like I can do with CD-R discs that I can play on my stereo in my 4Runner?
    Next can DVD+R's be I guess you would call it chained to more than one disc? in other words If I have games that are normally on 8 CD disc's and I am only able to get 7 of them on one disc, can I get the burn session to let me take the full disc out and put a new blank one in and the burner will continue from where it left off and finish the rest of the files for the last disc on the second DVD+R disc?

I sure hope I can do the music part, because that means I can pretty much put all of my music on one disk and play it in my car stereo!

Thanks, JIM O

2. mrmathers

mrmathers Member

Hi,
    To answer your first question, No. You cannot burn music onto a DVD and play it on a CD player. You can burn the music as data and play it on another computer, but not a CD player.
    Secondly, No you cannot do that with a DVD as far as I am aware. If some1 would like to correct me please do, but I don't think u can take the disk out half way through to put another one in like with floppy disks.

If u wanna put all ur music in 1 place and play it in ur car, I'd suggest getting an iPod and the iTunes FM transmitter. Works a treat!