1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning my .avi movie file with TMPGEnc...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mark78, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Mark78

Mark78 Member

ok I'm a first time burner so I'm at the part in the convert movie files guide.AVI to DVD.and I get to the part in TMPGEnc where I select my movie file and audio file.I browse first and tryed to select
    <my movie file>.avi and it says that my file can not be opened so I use drag and drop.Same thing.So then I try to put the avi file in the Audio file field and it works.Whats goin on here?

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

3. russcula

russcula Guest

i had the same problem i followed the guide perfect but could not open the avi file, it kept saying error and the usuall stuff. Since then ive downloaded divx player and its all gone through fine now (im currently waiting for the 20 hours for it to complete). I think that the problem for me is that i had nothing that played avi files so the TMPGEnc couldn't load the file. try it, it worked for me. Just enter divx player into google and it should give you the site. (i cant remember the site address, sorry).

4. phrozen06

phrozen06 Member

You may also want to try using WinAVI. It will take a avi file all the way to dvd in about an hour. Very fast, pretty good quality, and I' ve never had any lip sync problems with it. Its a lot more convenient that TMPGEnc unless you just have that kinda time on your hands.

5. bluekola

bluekola Guest

Hi I don't suppose you have a link to winavi?, sounds a lot less painfull then going the tmpgenc route!!

6. russcula

russcula Guest

just type winavi into google or go to winavi.com you can only download a trial which has winavi converter watermark across the whole movie, but i think its only $30ish and well worth it. Takes me about an hour to convert the avi and quality is still top.