1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning OGM with nero?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by osnap, Feb 26, 2007.

1. osnap

osnap Member

so i wanna burn these movies i have to dvd so i can see'em on my dvd player.

so ive tryed but it wont let me.

so do i have to convert it to something else?
    if so what to?
    and what would i use?

would really appreciate any help.

thanks

2. aDcleaner

aDcleaner Member

What is the file extension.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

what IS OGM

4. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi folks.

@ aabbccdd: (again, hello) I'm not sure if you're asking what ogm is or suggesting osnap start the journey with answering that question, but I'll go ahead and spill those beans: .ogm is a video codec developed by a company called Ogg-Vorbis that permits multistreaming of audio/subtitled content; it's used a lot for anime fansub videos.

@ osnap: Well, I've read of a few ways to do it but have never done it myself (I'm happy just burning the videos on a data disk and watching on my computer), but dvd authoring apps I've read that can successfully recognize and work with the .ogm codec include DVD Santa, ConvertXtoDVD and imToo Converter.

Oh, and at least one freebie app I found you can try (but usually 'free' has a hidden price; anything from adware to buggyness to difficulty of use and/or lack of technical support) is SUPER (be sure to virus scan it, though).