1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning/Playback problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tk426, Nov 22, 2007.

1. tk426

tk426 Member

At the moment I'm using DVDFab and Nero7 Premium for backing up my DVD's, but I've become aware of a problem that I thought had been resolved. It's incredibly frustrating and I now feel that I've wasted my time and money. I have no idea what the problem is and I have no idea how to resolve it.
    I backed up a disc a couple of weeks ago and watched it. It was perfect. No problems at all. Last night I thought I'd watch it again and it seemed okay, until about half way through when the picture and sound started to break up, making it impossible to watch. I've since discovered that this is not a one off. I'm using Verbatim discs because it was suggested that they are a good brand to use.
    Funnily enough, I did have the same problem when I used CloneDVD, so it would seem that it's not that or DVDFab that's the problem. Could it be Nero? Could it be the DVD writer?
    Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated before I waste anymore discs.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

if??? your dics are VERB then i would say speed of writing...

whats ya speed to burn at?

can you get dvd info pro or dvd identifier to analyse the dvdrs, tell us the maker and dye info!

oh? are they +R or -R or dual layer?

playing now and not later (jumpy etc) usually means "el cheapo medias"

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  3. tk426

tk426 Member

I set the burn speed at the lowest setting: 4X.
    The discs I use are Verbatim + R 4.7GB single layer discs.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

are you booktyping / bitseting your +R to dvd-rom (like original dvd type) for better compatibilty?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  5. tk426

tk426 Member

Manufacturer Name: Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.

Dye info?

6. tk426

tk426 Member

'are you booktyping / bitseting your +R to dvd-rom (like original dvd type) for better compatibilty?'

sorry if I seem a little dim here, but I have no idea how to do any of that.

7. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Try the movie in another standalone DVD player? Check both the original and the copy. If the problem is only with the copy. Update your DVD burner's Firmware. For the record, what burner are you using? How old is it? Try different blank media.

8. henryting

henryting Regular member

tk426,
    Are you using verbatim made in taiwan? Recently, I found out that verbatim that made in taiwan caused a lot of problems even you burn at a very low speed. Change your dvd media to somethings like taiyo yuden or maxell or verbatim that is made in Japan..

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

[​IMG]

software is used to booktype while burning set it in options

10. tk426

tk426 Member

Okay, the problem does only appear to be with the copies, not the original disc. As mentioned elsewhere, I can watch a copy one day and it will be perfect. I can watch it another day and the problem occurs.

The burner I'm using is a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B, which I bought about a year ago.

I did use TDK discs, but had the same problem. Verbatim ones were recommended instead because TDK discs are problematical apparently.

Looking at the info on the packaging, the Verbatim discs I'm currently using are manufactured in Taiwan. I also have a new batch that were manufactured in India.

11. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member