1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Pre-Authored DVD using Decryptor

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aidaahern, Jun 25, 2004.

1. aidaahern

aidaahern Guest

I don't own the classic version of Nero and am wondering if there is a guide to burning using vob files, etc., using Decryptor. I can't create an image file of some of my movies because of file size limits on my computer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2004
  2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You cannot burn VOB files w/ DVD Decrypter [full stop].

If you're pretty skint [strapped for lots of $] , then you can d/l the fully working older Nero 5.5 version for about ...well it's £5 here so whatever the equivalent is in your own currency.

3. aidaahern

aidaahern Guest

Thanks for the advice on getting an old version of Nero. (5.5-specifically) I see several on Amazon.com at affordable prices.

Am I to understand that I can't get things done using the Roxio software that came with my burner?? I understand that people have preferences, but is there really no hope for redemption here??

4. Deeman

Deeman Guest

If sonic came with your drive, it also works nicely.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I certainly do not recommend Roxio persoanlly aida ;-)

BUT as far as I know it should probably be able to do what you want... I've always used Nero myself & know it to be one of the best ... whereas Roxio has a very bad name for itself.

There is a difference between just burning data to DVDR and burning DVD-Video to DVDR !!