1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning problems with The two towers divx file

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sheraze5, Jan 30, 2003.

1. sheraze5

sheraze5 Member

Basically, im trying to just create a data cd with the two towers divx screener. i just want the file on the cd.

but im having a lot of trouble... so far i've wasted 4 cd's. i first tried twice with windows' xp burning software, by just dragging the file into the cd folder, and press "write these files into a cd". both times, about 14 mins in it skips to the end, and tells me the writing failed. :( so then i get nero, and burn, and near the end also it messes up, saying the file could not be burned. Doesn't give me any real reason. i tried burning at a slower rate, but no luck. I ahve tried both part 1 and 2, and don't want to waste any more cd's. Can someone please help me out? Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot in advance people, i appreciate it a lot.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Maybe it's a stupid question but.. how big Part3 is? Maybe more than 700 MB?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2003
  3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Does XP's internal burning software write UDF or ISO? If it is UDF, then it wont fit.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Excuse me, cd-rw.org, but now it's me who has to play the newbie part.
    Why shouldn't UDF fit?

5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Because UDF formatting wastes a lot of space (50-100mb? anyone with the number?). I am not sure about Mt.Rainier, and I don't even know how the XP writer works. It's licensed from Roxio though..

Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  6. ivoryce

ivoryce Guest

I am having a problem burning AVI to CD as well...

When I burn an .avi file to CD with nero it asks me to finalize the CD so it will fit onto the CD - after clicking yes, nero burns it with no problems; however, when I play the CD on windows Media player, about 10-20 min near the end I can hear the CD-rom spinning up over and over again and the movie is choppy/stalls every few secs.

How can I avoid this? Will a different burning program produce better results? Thanks!

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This is not the proper forum to ask this but.. 1) did you check the original file on the HD runs OK?
    2) can you try better quality CD-R or lowering the write speed?

Also, visit the video forum

8. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

If the CD-ROM is whistling up & down, it's quite likely a media problem. Buy better CDs, decrease write speed..see our CD-R Media Forum.