1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tucker71a, Apr 4, 2004.

1. tucker71a

tucker71a Member

Wondered if anyone could help - have backed up dvds on to minus and plus r's, when I lend them to a friend he gets about an hour through them, and then they start to skip at a 10 second rate - they don't do this on my player, just his - is it something I'm doing wrong in the burning ?

I use dvd decrypter and then clone dvd

Thanks

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

why dont u use DVD43 in the background to unscramble the CSS then your can use cloneDVD all the way through

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd43.cfm ;D

Check it out

and as to your problem, what player make and model does your mate have?

and to answer your question - no your doing things right if they work on your player

Dean

3. tucker71a

tucker71a Member

as far as I am aware he has an LG dvd player - funny my burnt disc work on his PS2 and not on his player

4. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

O, should work then - sorry mate now ive got no idea

Dean

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The brand of blank media will sometimes cause problems on one player but work fine on others. Also if you are using cheaper type media, it may help to switch to something like Ritek blanks. DVD burning is a trial and error process when using the copies in several different players. Also don't use stick on labels of any type.

Jerry

6. tucker71a

tucker71a Member

Thanks for that - through the trial and error process I found to my cost not to use labels

Once again, thanks

7. MrSpeed

MrSpeed Guest

I have a Toshiba SD-1600U and it is very fussy. It does the same thing as you just described. All the DVDs made would play just fine in my PS2. I would recommend trying DVD Shrink to correct the problem. Start with the original DVD from scratch that you that the problem with. By switch from X Copy to DVD Shrink corrected most of these problems for me. Like Jerry746 said, Its all trail and error.

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Of course it may well be his friend's player. I don't think it's that big a deal, keep your backups - because that's what they are for, backing up the originals. If you wish to loan out your DVD's loan him your originals - :)

Problem solved :D)

Pete