1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Process

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sic(ness), Apr 9, 2005.

1. sic(ness)

sic(ness) Member

Hello my problem is when I use nero to burn movie files to dvd it said it was going to take 5 hours. Is a way to speed up the procees?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are these files already DVD compliant files (VOB, IFO, BUP) or are you using Nero Vision Express and converting some other type of files?

If they are already DVD compliant files then I would say you need to check out your DMA settings.
    [bold]CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives can revert to using PIO mode, despite being set to use "DMA if Available." Here's how to make Windows XP redetect the DMA capabilities of the drives.
    This behaviour occurs with the following conditions:[/bold]

-Windows XP is the operating system
    -A CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, which is known to support DMA mode now works only in PIO mode.
    -The drive controller is set to use "DMA if available" but reports to be only in PIO mode.

Use this link to check/change your settings http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/DMA.html

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Have you got some system specs for us please? Is your DMA on? Oh man, BB beat me to it by seconds!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005