1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning (ripping) xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by cavboomer, Aug 2, 2003.

1. cavboomer

cavboomer Guest

I've got a cd burner on my Dell 8300 and used MusicMatch Jukebox to try to burn an xbox game (also got Roxio). I used a cd-rw and copied the game. I put it in the xbox and it said it couldn't recognize the cd. But when i put it in the computer a video plays and says that the cd is an xbox game and to put it in the xbox. What am i doing wrong?

2. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

the xbox reads from the outside-in instead of inside-out like damn near everything else....so you have to use the xbox to read the game correctly and then FTP them to your comp. as far as actually burning them the have to be converted into ISO and blah, blah, blah.....do a little bit of reading and you will have it made.

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

You can probably backup about 3 games to cd, the rest will only fit to dvd. You will have to get a dvd burner too.

4. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

very good point ozy.....either upgrade your xbox HDD or get a dvd burner...otherwise you're just in for alot of headaches