1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning Sims 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rluk23, Sep 17, 2004.

1. ewoke

ewoke Member

i have a question i have 4 mdf and mds for sims 2 which program is it better to burn this game on. i burn in alcohol 120% but it never loads it just says Sims 2. can any one help me please
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]thanks[/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  2. lost53

lost53 Member

Does all this work for the DVD version for Sims 2? I am trying to burn the DVD version for back-up and I don't see where I can select a [bold]protection[/bold] profile or set the [bold]read speed[/bold]. All I can select is a DVD profile. BTW I am using the latest version of CloneCD.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  3. Woll

Woll Member

Someone please help me.

I have downloaded the four sims2_(1,2,3,4).img files + some ccd and sub files for the game.
    I have got Deamon Tools and Alcohol 120%, but dont know what to do from here. Could someone please give me a detailed instruction of what to do ?

Advanced thanks !

4. sweetbix

sweetbix Guest

same prob as carmmen....
    install with clone cd
    same emulation error
    my clone cd taskbar quick link has dissapeared of the face of the earth..lol
    *shrugs* need some expert help here

cheers

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@lost53

You might want to give Alcohol 120% or BlindWrite a try.

6. Nephilim

@Woll

Try burning the ccd with CloneCD.

7. Nephilim

@sweetbix/Carrman

I'm not aware of anything you can do short of a complete uninstall of CloneCD. I had to.

8. camstuf

camstuf Guest

I had the same exact problem, then I deleted everything, tried install again, now cd1 w/n install more than 17% of tsdata/res/sound/voice5.package.
    WTF I do???

9. Nephilim

Try burning the bins again but burn real slow at 4X.

10. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

One thing we all must remember is these new safedisc protections eg 3.20.022 whether CD or DVD are extremely hardware dependant. Not just on burner+sheep+EFM capability but CPU, RAM and northbridge chipsets configuration/capability as well. Virtual drives will always be a winning second choice, but as for 1:1 CD/DVD copys, keeping hardware right up to date as expensive as that is will always overcome. (Blindwrite+Blindwrite tweaker is another good choice to back up Sims 2 on DVD. Alcohol all the way on CD)

11. sweetbix

sweetbix Guest

ahh such fun :|
    alcohol wont open my mds file ( unrecognized format )
    so i converted them to cdd and burnt with clone cd seemed to install ok but couldnt run ..all i got was splash screen...
    should i try burning the cdd file with alcohol at x4 YES?

*newbie*
    and thanks for the help thus far :)

12. Nephilim

It's worth a shot :)

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I know of 3 brand name cd burners that has successfully made a 1:1 backup of Safedisc 3.20.022, that's it! Don't waste money on purchasing the "right" dvd\cd burner for pc protected game backups as I stated earlier, the days of making 1:1 bakups are slowly coming to a end :( My advice? If looking for a dvd burner it's difficult to pass up a Lite-ON dvd burner as they are very affordable, reliable, and vender is dependent on firmware updates.
    Alcohol 120 over CloneCD right now? Not a chance m8.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3200+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR 400)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2004
  14. Woll

Woll Member

Nephilim.

Can you please help me a bit further ?
    I really need a detailed instruction of what to do, from scratch. Do i burn the img. files into cd's ?
    Do I change the img. files into bin. ?
    I really dont have a clue, and I would be very grateful if someone could help me !

15. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Exactly, right now being the operative word. Apps do play a big part and I can assure you when the new release of Alcohol is finally out, you'll change your perspective. I can tell you of at least 12 drives that have been capable of 1:1 with S/D 3.2, but as shocked as you may be the exact same models dont work for everyone. I am a Liteon and Sony man through and through, but Liteon is not the winner with this protection.
    Someone quoted they cant use MDS files with Alcohol, this is strange as MDS/MDF is Alcohols native format.

16. 20200

20200 Member

I have a question. If I use the latest Alcohol 120% to back up Sims 2 will it work correctly? (like the game runs without a "please insert the CD" sign)

17. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It's quite obvious you don't know the history of CloneCD m8. Alcohol 120 is a 'mimick' of CloneCD with added features. I've been backing up pc protection since 1998 and CloneCD was king then, king now :)And NO, I won't change my perspective.

18. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

All backup software works on the same principals, calling one a mimick is a bold statement, if your a loyalist to CCD, more power to you, I'm a loyalist to Alcohol, and when I'm backing up my starforce protected games, without disabling my secondary IDE, and premastering .bin .cue and .iso's, I'll think of you :) CCD wasnt capable of Alcohols performance until 5.0.0.0 beta and now 5.0.2.2 anyway. I'm not knocking elby/slysoft, I think ANY and Clone DVD are the best apps ever made.

19. Nephilim

@Woll

Since you already have A120 we'll use that.

Start A120 than choose "Image Burning Wizard". Where it asks you to select an image file browse to the folder where your images are. A120 should recognize the ccd files. Burn one at a time to a separate disc for each and keep the burn speed low :)

20. 20200

20200 Member

I have a question. If you burn it like that do you have to use the Emulation option on Alcohol? And will the Emulation really work?