1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning slides on VCD versus DVD.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by georgep, Aug 19, 2004.

1. georgep

georgep Guest

Is there any advantage in using DVD-R to burn slides over CD-R? I know DVD gives much better quality for burning videos but is it the same with slides?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I never heard of burning "slides"? I do know you get the best video quality backing up a dvd to dvd+r. If the movie is over 4.7 gig then I highly recommend that you burn just the main movie. I've done countless (S)VCD backups, but never heard of burning "slides"?

3. georgep

georgep Guest

I am making a slide presentation, using still pictures, for viewing on TV. File size is not a problem, they can fit on a CD.

My question is: is a resolution of stills burned on DVD higher than those on CD like is a case with video?

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The answer is no and I would think that maybe PowerPoint would be the recommended program to use for your project?

5. GWiz

GWiz Member

Burning slides on VCD vs. DVD makes no difference at all in resolution; both formats CAN use full tv resolution (720*576 PAL 720*480 NTSC). However not all software makes use of full resolution, there are those "easy to use" programs that use limited resulutions. BUT: since DVD is limited to 99 items, the way to go is to first compile all slides into a movie (or several movies, with menus etc.) with an appropiate editor before burning (u can also add music etc.). For burning to CD I recommend VCDEasy (freeware) as the top solution.