1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Slower than 4X with Plextor PX-716A?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by turbo_vw, Mar 10, 2005.

1. turbo_vw

turbo_vw Member

I have tried 4 different media types including Verbatim and Ridata G04 2X/4X and the slowest I can select is 4x on all the media.

Is it just the media I have tried or am I missing something in the drive settings?

Thanks for reading.

2. turbo_vw

turbo_vw Member

Anyone?

3. hawaii808

hawaii808 Guest

I can't help, because i wondering the same thing, but if you look at plextor website, it says some dvd-r 2x burn at 2x. Just a suggestion try a buy a disc that only burns a 1 or 2x

4. compunut1

compunut1 Member

5. turbo_vw

turbo_vw Member

Thanks I will give the new firmware a try.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  6. eric545

eric545 Regular member

Your Plextor burner is fine. I have two PX-716SA's (one with firmware version 1.04 and one with 1.05). They will burn 8x DVD-R's at 16x and dual layer DVD+R's at 4x instead of the rated 2.4x. The reason the drive (or burning software) won't let you burn at 2x is because that would be a complete waste. I still have an 8x Pioneer A08 burner in my system and when using it, Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 will let me burn at 2x. However; since using the Plextors for a couple of months now, I have no reservations about burning at 4x, which is the lowest speed that Roxio will let me burn DVD's while using one of the Plextors.

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I agree with Eric. I don't know why you would want to burn at a slower speed than 4x, but unless you want to get a round of golf in, while you are burning the disc, it is a waste.

8. turbo_vw

turbo_vw Member

I was having issues using my backed up ps2 games and the majority of people agree that burning at 2x would fix the issue.

9. hawaii808

hawaii808 Guest

exactly