1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning speed problems with a x4 Lite-On

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tardus, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Tardus

Tardus Member

I just got a Lite-On x4 burner (LIN LDW411S).

When I bought the burner I picked up 5 TDK x2 DVD-R's and then ordered a 50 spindle of Ritek x4 media later (which is on a FedEx trunk right now... any minute).

Right now if I try to burn something with Nero, it will only allow a x1 burn (which I know is suppose to be set by the firmware). I have registered copies of Nero 5.x and 6.3 Ultra and both of them did the same thing.

Now, I'm burning an img file with DVD Decryptor and it's log file says:
    I guess I'll know if it's a DVD-R media problem a little later when I get that Ritek stack. But, what's the deal? TDK seems to be a suggested top brand.

Any ideas why I'm stuck at x1 speed?

Thanks

2. jonss

jonss Guest

Hi Tardus,
    The firmware you have on your LDW-411S (FS02) is the same as I had on mine when I purchased it. There are at least 2 firmware upgrades (FS0F and FS0H) available but you'll need to google because I can't readily find any links. I upgraded to FS0F which corrected a burning speed problem with mine. I have'nt bothered to install FS0H as everything's working fine. I would'nt swear that this will correct your problem but it worked for me and as you observe, it can be a media problem.

3. forkndave

forkndave Member

Firmware updates can be gotten at www.liteonit.com.

4. Tardus

Tardus Member

Sweet! Thanks guys, that did the trick. Nero now says it will burn at x4.

Lite-on has a horrible website though. I really did have to do google searches to find the FS0H download, so I'm glad you gave me the name.

Thanks again.