1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning srt files with avi file as data

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by ctfahlman, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ctfahlman

ctfahlman Member

Hi - I am brand new, so hopefully I make sense and get the help I need!

I burn avi files using Nero Express, doing them as data DVD's. This way, I can fit 5-6 movies on one DVD. It works slick and is very fast - no converting! My problem is getting the subtitles (srt file) to burn with it. I have tried searching the forums to find help, but all I could find was help with DVD video files. Does anyone have experience with data DVD's and if this has a difference? If possible, I don't want to spend hours converting files, etc. Can anyone help? Please ask for more info if I haven't given enough. Thanks again!

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Why won't the subtitles burn with your avi files? If you are making a data disc with Nero, you should be able to put whatever you want. What error are you getting?

3. ctfahlman

ctfahlman Member

I am not sure. I don't get an error, but the subtitles just don't show up in the movie. I only tried it once. So you think it should work just by adding the srt file to my DVD? I will try another one and see. Thanks!

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Are the subs named the same as the AVI?
    Example:
    My Movie.avi and My Movie.srt.

5. ctfahlman

ctfahlman Member

yes, they are the same. Haven't had time to try it again, but will keep you posted. I am away on holidays for a little while so will try it when I get back. Thanks for the tips!