1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning SVCD with subtitles

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mama232, Jun 16, 2003.

1. mama232

mama232 Member

i have a SVCD movie which i want to burn, and i want to include its subtitles. I mean that i'll be able to choose the subtitles from a menu like a real DVD movie.

how can i do that ?

2. mama232

mama232 Member

3. mertsi_2

mertsi_2 Member

If you have already made the SVCD, I do not think there is an easy way of adding the subtitles afterwards.
    But In the conversion stage you can put up to 4 subtitles and 2 audios in the SVCD which depending on your DVD player can be selected. Of course all players do not support this feature.

4. mama232

mama232 Member

yes...that's what i meant to...
    how can i do this ?
    that i'll be able to select the subtitle from the DVD Player ?

5. mertsi_2

mertsi_2 Member

First of all you have to find out whether your DVD player can display selectable subs. For this purpose you can download samples with either SVCD subtitles or CVD subs. These samples can be found from http://www.dvdrhelp.com/svcd
    After establishing which subs are displayed by your player you have three choices in the subtitle tab of DVD2SVCD:
    1. SVCD subs (selectable)
    2. CVD subs (selectable)
    3. Permanent subs (they are burnt onto the movie and are not selectable nor removable)

In order to add these subs then in the CONVERSION tab (after loading your DVD/AVI) choose GO and then "add external subs". Now you can go to the subtitle tab and choose one of the subtitle types above suitable for you.
    If your player does not show type 1 0r 2 then you choose type 3 (permanet) and then make the conversion.
    I hope this helps.
    Remember that you will not be able to choose the subs from a menu (like DVDs), you select the subs from your remote control. You can have up to 4 subs and 2 audio on a SVCD. There should be a button on your remote control for choosing subs and audio
    Cheers

Last edited: Jun 30, 2003