1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by blicious, Nov 2, 2002.

1. blicious

blicious Member

Hello

I"m new to the whole VCD/SVCD world...so this may be a stupid question...

After downloading an SVCD from mirc...what program can I use to burn it to a cd and then play it in my dvd player (not computer DVD rom)...Secondly...is there a good place to download SVCD/VCD from other than Kazaa/Mirc

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

You need a burning program that can handle mpeg2 compression (that is svcd). Nero will work if you have the mpeg2 plugin. Just select super video in nero and it will burn a svcd disk. Your dvd player must be able to play svcd. Most only play vcd.

3. HaroldW

HaroldW Guest

If the MPEG-2 file you have is SVCD compliant then you do not need the MPEG-2 plugin for Nero. The plugin is only used when to reincode to SVCD standards when the MPEG-2 file does not meet them. I much prefer VCDEasy it is expressly designed for burning VCD/SVCD's and it has many more features and utilities that are VCD/SVCD related.

Note: VCDEasy uses ASPI drivers to write to CD. In many cases the ASPI drivers already installed on a system are not sufficient. If this happens I suggest you download/install the ForceASPI drivers, this usually gets it going.

There is a huge amount of information on capturing, encoding and burning VCD's/SVCD's at www.vcdhelp.com