1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Time, How Long Does It Take.......?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dabig25, Dec 9, 2004.

1. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I was just wondering, when using DVD Decryter & Shrink.
    How long does it usually take to copy say a 2hr. or 2 1/2 hr. movie ??

It's been taking me an hour to sometimes an hour and a half to burn a movie at 4 x speed. Just curious to see if this is normal or if it's poosible to burn faster ( but not exceeding 4 X speed ).

Thanx

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The total processing time to do a dvd copy depends on all your resources working together so times will change. The burn time is only the last part. Ripping speed and decrypting takes most of the time. If ripping a dvd 5 movie takes about 1/2 hour then doing a dvd 9 movie will just about double the time. Processor speed, amount of memory, and drive speed all come into play. You are about in the ball park time wise.

Jerry

3. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

you're right.
    The actual writing is the fastest part but, it seems the analyzing and the encoding are whats taking so long.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you are ripping the dvd with your burner you may find out that your burner is locked at a 2x rip speed. This is how some manufacturers set their drives from the factory. It then takes a hacked firmware to unlock the drive so it rips faster up to about 12x. If you rip with a dvd rom, they usually are not locked and will rip at higher speeds and cut you time down a good bit.

Jerry

5. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Shink gives me an option for different speeds, so what tou're saying is that the actual dvd burner is acually writing at a slower speed ??

I have an Artec burner & do use a dvd-rom as well.

6. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

How would I be able to see what my burner is set at?, and how would I be able hack it to speed it up( finding hacked hardware?)

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You can download this free tool that will run several test, one of which is ripping speed. Here is the link for the tool.
    http://www.dvdinfopro.com.

As to the hacked firmware, check this site. Just type in your model once there.

http://www.rpc1.com.

Jerry