1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning to two disks

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Syrnix, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Syrnix

Syrnix Member

How do you split a movie up so that it is burned on to two disk. like backup copies of star trek. two on one disk instead of 4 on one disk.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. Syrnix

Syrnix Member

will this allow the menus to work or will the menus not work.

4. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

If you want the menus use DVDshrink, go under compression and select still images for the 2 episodes you don't want. This will bring the compression to 100%(no compression) usually. Now you can burn it with 2 full episodes with menus on one disk. Then for the second DVD just do the reverse.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Syrnix,

In fact, using DVD Shrink in both cases will cost you your menus for as soon as you use re-Author you lose them.

I suggest that you look at Nero's recode2. That will allow you to go into the re-Author section, find the exact place where you wish to seperate your episodes then burn them to discs keeping your menus happy and healthy -

Cheers,

Pete

6. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

Yes that's true Scuba Pete. That is why you don't use re-author when using DVDshrink. Just select still images for episodes you don't want and you will keep all menus. I have done this several times myself on Voyager episodes because I get better quality with just two episodes per disk instead of four. I have also used the re-author but I hate not having a menu with TV episodes. The other plus to using DVDshrink is it's free.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If you do a bit of that kind of stuff you might want to give DVD2One a try. When I tried it I went back to the 4 episodes as tyhe quality was, IMHO, qiute good.

Ciao,

Pete