1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning tv episodes to a dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by wackydeli, May 3, 2005.

1. wackydeli

wackydeli Member

ok, i dunno if this is the place to ask but, i was wondering if there were any good dvd programs to burn multiple tv episodes to one dvd? most of the episodes i have are in avi format. i have been using nerovision for some, but was wondering if there were any better ones because nero sometimes messes up and has problems with audio sync

2. Trung8221

Trung8221 Member

sure, just try divxtoDVD.. or just email me at arthurkingcamelo@yahoo.com

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Trung8221

You need to edit your message to take out your email, before you get in trouble, it is against forum rules

4. Trung8221

Trung8221 Member

sorry about the e-mail address.. .. did not read forum instruction.... .. .. thank you.

5. RJKinsman

RJKinsman Member

I find the best way to burn TV episodes onto DVD is with a DVD recorder. My wife bought me a Sanyo DVR-500 at Walmart for around $100. It works great. The menus are kind of ugly, but I can put around 6 hours on one disk. In order to share them, however, I find I have to copy them from +RW to either -R or +R with DVD Decryptor and a DVD burner on my laptop. The DVD players I have access to cannot handle RW.

6. wackydeli

wackydeli Member

when you say that, do you mean one you would hook up to the tv?

7. RJKinsman

RJKinsman Member

Right. The Sanyo DVR-500 hooks up to the TV like a VCR. It can record onto either DVD+R or DVD+RW. It cannot record onto –R or –RW formats. It works best to record onto +RW format until I get it just the way I like it. This way, if I mess up in some way, I can delete and start again without discarding the disc or losing previous work. When I fill up the disc, I take it to the burner connected to my laptop via USB, and using DVD Decrypter, copy it on to either a +R or –R.