1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning using the File mode????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Eliblue, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Eliblue

Eliblue Member

Thanks to the very helpful people here on After Dawn I've managed to learn how to burn dvds. By using just dvd decrypter along with dvd shrink I've burned countless dvds using the ISO mode.

Now, I want to expand my skills and learn how to burn using the File Mode. Here are a few questions:

1. When I create the VIDEO_TS and the AUDIO_TS file is this all that I will need?

2. When burning a VOB file do I need to select ALL the files?

3. When burning a file should I select ALL the VOB, IFO, and BUP files?

I will appreciate any and all help.

Peace!!!!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Glad you've found our site to be so helpful! It makes it worthwhile to hear an occasional "thank you" :)

Now to your question. When burning a DVD that was ripped in file mode, all you need to do is fire up your favorite burning app and burn the entire VIDEO_TS folder - not just the contents, but the entire folder with everything in it. Depending on what software you'll be using to burn, there may be some other settings you'll need to pay attention to.

What software will you be using to burn?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  3. Eliblue

Eliblue Member

I'm going to be using Nero to burn the VIDEO_TS file. When you say burn the entire VIDEO_TS folder do you mean to burn EVERYTHING contained in this folder?

I've noticed that the VIDEO_TS folder has .IFO, .BUP, and .VOB files in the folder. What about the AUDIO_TS folder?

Is there an advantage to using the FILE mode over the ISO mode?

One of my friends is indicating that I should only select the VIDEO_TS.IFO from the VIDEO_TS folder when I'm preparing to burn a dvd via the File mode-

is this correct?

Thanks for all your help.

Peace!!!!!!!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

With Nero open, just drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder itself. Standard DVD player look for a VIDEO_TS folder in order to recognize it as a DVD video and once it sees that it will look inside for the VOB's, BUP's and IFO's.

Not really. It's just two different ways to get to the same destination. The end results are the same.

Your friend isn't trying to sell you blank media as well is he? If you simply burn the IFO's you'll have an inoperable disc, no video files will be there. The IFOs are sort of like the "instuction" files on the disc that tell your player what to do with the actual video files (VOBs).

Anytime. That's why I come here :)