1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning video onto a dvd.

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by capgeo, Feb 6, 2007.

1. capgeo

capgeo Member

I'm trying to see what the best software is to take my video camera, plug it into the computer and then copy the video onto a dvd to watch on the tv. I'm just starting out, so don't know much about it. I see people talking about Nero a lot on here, but wondered if there was a better program for what I want to do??

2. behrad

behrad Regular member

if i am correct, you are after a program to take your digital film from the camera to a burned DVD which you can play on a normal DVD settop player. Correct???

You will find that there are a few different programs that provide this functionality for you and you may get half dozen responses to this post with all different answers.

I will give you my version but it is by no means the only solution possible :)

I use Ulead DVD movie factory for what is described above. It is a decent all in one package, that captures from the camera, allows minor editing and titling and then burns as a DVD project.

good luck

3. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Yep, behrad is completely right. If you ask half a dozen people you will probably get half a dozen different answers.

The key questions to determine what you want or need are:
    1. How important is image quality for you?
    2. How much editing do you want to do and how advanced?
    3. How much freedom do you want when creating DVD menu's?
    4. How much money are you prepared to spend?

If you're new to the subject, I can reommend this article:
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basics/tapetodvd.php