1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Videos Onto DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by eric0668, Dec 14, 2007.

1. eric0668

eric0668 Member

whoah with my comprehension level cause of my depression I cannot understand now, will have to digest then reread.

so you don't when you say convert your flv to dvd, you don't burn them onto dvd, you just make them able to be put onto your zen?

I will go with that until you get back, try to use dvdflick and get back

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yes I just convert them for my Zen - I download music videos to put on it. If I took those videos and converted them to a dvd compliant format I'm sure the quality wouldn't be all that great - one reason I don't.

Try DVDFlick w/ them - it may do a decent job.

3. eric0668

eric0668 Member

Bink or Mod;

To continue, so if I got terrible DVD's using nero and I wanna try to use DVD Flix, I can try now with them all as is, mpeg. OR is there a way to change the ones from YouTube (flv?) BACK to flv? Or , like anything else, once you have lost quality ?? from the original, is it gonna be the same way when I convert it back to flv.

And back to an original question a month or so, I have tried one or two, but LIMITED ones where I can separate a portion out of an entire recording, i.e David A out of American Idol. Is there a total freeware one that will take as much in length out as you need.

thanks again. btw wish me luck, I start chemo I found out it metastocized sp?

Goodnight Bink or Mod
    Eric

4. binkie7

Good luck Eric - I hope all went well today.

Hmmm freeware to separate portions of the video. There probably is but on the occasions that I do edit - I just use Nero.

Just try using DVDFlick on tge flv already converted - see how it goes.
    Now converting them back to flv I'm sure there is software that does it - but it's not something I've really had any need to try.

5. eric0668

eric0668 Member

Bink, I converted the flv I have to mpeg and the quality is not good. I did not keep the original mpeg. Is there a way to tell which mpeg are actually converted ones. I can then keep the ones that were originally and still are mpeg, and then I can download new flv ? from YouTube and burn because I did burn once with dvd flicks and some did not turn out right and I am thinking they could be the converted ones

6. binkie7

I think anything you download from sites like youtube and other video sites will have the same quality problem. Try to make the quality better - well I'm not really sure you can cause the native format is decent but not the greatest.

7. eric0668

eric0668 Member

and no way to tell which ones I have converted, other than by guessing that the quality is a little worse??? Because it really doesn't get MUCH worse until burned

8. binkie7

Well the file extensions are different so that's one way to tell.
    The ones you download will have a file extension of say .flv, .avi - then ones you convert will be in a video_ts folder and contain files like .vob, .ifo.

9. eric0668

eric0668 Member

No,Bink I used freez flv to MPEG and now they all have the same extension MPEG