1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning vlc movie

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by aziano, Feb 22, 2007.

1. aziano

aziano Guest

05 Link to this message
    I need some help me, how do u burn movies from limewire to dvd, what up with the vlc format. what do i need to do, help.

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

Using search engine will help you...

1. You dl some movies using limewire and you can watch them using VLC?
    2. What format those movies are? (file extension?)
    3. Have you looked to guides section? How to convert xxx to dvd?
    ( normaly avi -> divx/xvid )

3. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

You need to give us a little more info about what exactly you are trying to do. So far, all I can see is that you want to copy files you've downloaded from Limewire in their original format and burn them to a DVD for later viewing.

Keep in mind that I put that in bold because the way you said it makes it sound like you don't care if it can play on a DVD player, but you just want to put them on a DVD to view later on your PC.

There is no VLC format, VLC (VideoLan Client) is just a media player that has an extensive collection of video/audio codecs built into it, allowing many files downloaded online to be played with no needed extra support.

What I recommend doing is getting something that can recognize what format the movies you are trying to burn are. Two that are used often are:
    AVIcodec
    GSpot

When you get one of those, open the program and drag the video into it and look for the info on the page. Copy that info and put it in a post, then tell us what you want to do with it.